A number of tests will be performed to investigate symptoms of myeloma and confirm a diagnosis. Some of the more common tests are:
- a physical examination
- examinations of a blood sample
- examinations of a urine sample
- imaging, which may include X-rays, a computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- taking a sample of bone marrow for examination under a microscope – this is called bone marrow aspiration
- taking a sample of bone marrow with a small piece of bone for examination under a microscope – this is called a bone marrow biopsy.
updated: Fri, 23/06/2017 - 09:42