For more information about myeloma diagnosis and treatment, see the National Cancer Institute (US) Plasma cell neoplasms (including multiple myeloma treatment (PDQ®): health professional version.
Clinical practice guidelines:
- Eslick R & Talaulikar D (2013). Multiple myeloma: from diagnosis to treatment
- European Society for Medical Oncology (2017). Multiple myeloma: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
- Medical Scientific Advisory Group to the Myeloma Foundation of Australia (2015). Clinical practice guideline: multiple myeloma
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (2017). NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: multiple myeloma, version 3.2017 (register for free to access these)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (2017). Blood and bone marrow cancers.
When reading materials that are published in other countries, note that some of the information may not apply to Australian patients.
Optimal cancer care pathway for people with acute myeloid leukaemia
These clinical guides for health professionals set out key principles for optimal care at each step of the patient journey from prevention through to survivorship/end of life care.
- View the interactive consumer web portal at www.cancerpathways.org.au
- Optimal cancer care pathway for people with acute myeloid leukaemia